SHARRETS PROPYLENE GLYCOL (PG) USP / EP / FCC - 32Oz. [For Excipient use] .
SHARRETS PG is an important ingredient for a multitude of uses, including:
- Solvent in pharmaceutical preparations
- Solvent for aromatics in the flavor-concentrate industry
- Solvent and coupling agent in the formulation of sun screen, lotion, shampoos, shaving creams and other similar products
- Very effective humectant, preservative and stabilizer in semi-moist pet food (with the exception of cat food), bakery goods, food flavorings and salad dressings
- Carrier, emollient, dispersant, coupling agent and co-emulsifier, emulsion stabilizer or viscosity modifier
- Humectant due to their hygroscopic nature and ability to attract and hold water
- Preservative due to inherent antimicrobial activity against a wide range of bacterial and fungal species
Store in a well ventilated, cool, dry area. Keep out of reach of children.
Caution : Although Propylene glycol is environment friendly , proper precautions must be given when handling . Propylene glycol can cause central nervous system effects under excessive ingestion. If inhaled no significant adverse effects are expected under anticipated condition of normal use. Can cause slight flaking , tenderness and softening of skin under repeated or prolonged exposure . Can cause minor eye irritation . Sharrets Nutritions disclaim any liability for misuse of this product . Product pictures are for illustrative purpose only and may vary from the original packing.